In the Garden My Soul is Sunshine
I’ve been wanting to write a small tribute to someone who has always been an angel here on earth…alas…
A dear friend of mine passed peacefully in her home from Cancer. This is such a tough thing for me to write…as tears begin to form and cloud my vision. However, I know she would not want me to be sad, or anyone to be sad for that matter! It’s just so hard to fathom that this beautiful, blue-eyed, blonde and loving gal is no longer here, and yet… she’s all around me.
So now I am going to celebrate her life as I know she would want it to be a P-A-R-T-Y! If I could write all the wonderful things about Kim, it would be longer than War & Peace because she was really that cool….that wonderful….and a whole lot of fun.
Kimby EOE (as I liked to call her) was a beautiful blue-eyed blonde from the San Diego area. I designated “Kimby (short for Kimberly) and added “EOE” which stands for “Expert on Everything”. She truly was, no sarcasm….seriously.
She had a wealth of knowledge on a lot of great things and a lot of little things. If there was an unusual plant, she would more than likely know the name. If she heard a certain bird sing their song, she would likely know the name of that bird. Truly talented in the wealth of knowledge…okay…she may not have known EVERYTHING…but she had more knowledge on a subject than just a quick definition.
My dear friend Kim was so vibrant and full of life with a song on her tongue and Christ in her heart, she just made you smile and giggle to see her dance around the kitchen while cleaning or enjoying the morning sunshine in her garden watering the dust away and refreshing her shrubs and flowers.
I learned so much from Kim…so much that many of the things I do today are due to her traditions, kindness and pure enjoyment of life. So what I wanted to do was take a moment and lists some of the wonderful things I’ve learned and taken with me in my life;
- Sticky Ghosts (a really cool craft)
- Start your day early with a cup of coffee…sit outside and enjoy your start of the day
- You can never have too much Christmas “Crappola” this word was not used negatively (wink wink smiley face). It’s Christmas….decorate every single room in your home!
- As a matter of fact, you should decorate boisterously for any and all holidays. That’s what storage units are for…to store your holiday “overage” (okay this may not be a word)
- A homemade or handmade gift is better than any store-bought item
- Everyday is barbecue day
- You always have room for one more to join for dinner
- Anytime is a great time to have a party with family and friends
- Having game night with family and friends is better than any night out on the town.
- You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars to decorate a room, just be smart, savvy, a little paint and a creative eye for design
- It’s not old…it’s vintage
- A staircase in your home is not only for going upstairs but stadium seating to watch the girls dance recitals, plays, vocals or good commentary
- You can never have too much pink!
- Country music is so cool… Christian music is awesome!
- Always do what you can for others in need
- Even if you hate doing laundry….enjoy that time
- Don’t ever wish your life away
- Starbucks is good any time!
- Four walls and a ton of square footage does not make a house a home
- Always look for the good in people, sometimes it’s hiding under a lot of junk
- Live life to its fullest
- Always keep God/Christ in your heart
Kim has touched so many lives…she volunteered her time for her girls, she cooked many meals for families who were in need due to illness or death. She pulled her wallet out when she may not have enough cash to give to someone in need. She ALWAYS found time to give and to help anyone.
I was always happy and laughing…having a great time when I was with Kim. No matter what we were doing…it was fun. She enjoyed life, she was a happy and beautiful person that I will never ever forget. I am so blessed to have been a part of her life.
She did so much for her family, friends and even strangers in such a short time here on earth. I love you Kimby EOE always and forever.